SOLD: 2005 Dodge Sprinter is for sale - 144 High Top 2500
UPDATE: THE VAN HAS BEEN SOLD! I’m selling my first DIY camper van that I converted myself. I am not a wood worker and it’s a little rough but everything is completely functional.
Priced to sell at $12,900. The van is located in Austin, TX.
2005 DODGE SPRINTER VAN 2500 ¾ ton 144" WHEEL BASE.
SUPER HIGH TOP ONLY 180,000 MILES PERFECT CAR FAX
The vehicle number is WD2PD644455726505. The title is clear and is in hand.
On the inside, the seats are both in good condition, with no sign of wear. The fabric is good on both seats, with no rips. All gauges and indicators work fine. Mechanically, the 2.7 liter Mercedes diesel starts quickly, runs quietly, and has good power. The transmission shifts smoothly. The front end is tight. There is no sway or wobble. The tires are at least 75% all the way around. All service has been performed.
Here are the minor issues with the van:
- The air conditioning needs to be recharged
- There is rust on the frame in a few spots however I have painted all visible rust with Rust Stopper
- The side sliding door lock is sticky at times
- The radio does not work (I have no idea what is wrong with it - I just never took the time to diagnose it)
- One glow plug seized in the head - was still able to start in 0 degrees in Colorado winter. Two error codes: P0380 and P0672 - the codes are for the bad glow plug circuit. It has no effect on the performance of the vehicle.
- The brake light is on but the brakes are in excellent condition.
The front 2 tires only have 12k miles on them while the rear tires have only 2k on them. Oil, fuel and air filters have been changed religiously. Sprinter mechanics are always impressed with how smooth the engine runs. It is ready for another 100k miles!
Conversion additions (which will be sold with the van):
- Large 12 volt AGM house battery (Duracell 20 amp hours) ($235) with voltage monitor ($11) http://amzn.to/2bo3p9v
- White LED lights on the ceiling in the center of the van hooked up to a toggle switch ($17) http://amzn.to/2bdsXFR and switches: ($6) http://amzn.to/2bnzoIc
- Fuse Box ($11) http://amzn.to/2byP0G4
- One solar panel mounted on the roof - Renogy 100 Watt Polycrystalline Solar Starter Kit with PWM ($180) http://amzn.to/2bdtkjX
- Storage area above the front cab with LED light bar attached to it ($7) http://amzn.to/2b1Of8Z
- Food storage is using a marine Pelican cooler 35 quarts ($295) http://amzn.to/2b1HuRQ
- Queen memory foam bed ($127) http://amzn.to/2aeEGjy with storage area next to it and secret storage area underneath the mattress (comes with the pillows, sheets and comforter - black)
- 7 gallon water tank ($13) http://amzn.to/2b1IANl
- Portable Toilet ($69) http://amzn.to/2aeFxAv
- Maxx Fan with remote ($258) http://amzn.to/2aeH4GI
- Hand pump faucet ($31) http://amzn.to/2aeEj8H and sink ($85) http://amzn.to/2a5ylXW in the kitchen
- Privacy blinds in the front of the van.
- A/C 500W inverter that has 2 AC plugs and 2 USB ports ($30) http://amzn.to/2b1IyFg
- Wireless antenna amplifier ($65) http://amzn.to/2bdus7b and wireless repeater ($79) http://www.ccrane.com/WiFi/WiFi-Hotspot-Repeater-Accessory
- Handmade wood cab storage between the captain chairs (can easily be removed)
- Roof rack using metal pipes ($82) from Home Depot
- FatMat Sound Deadener on the floor, walls, and ceiling ($200) http://amzn.to/2avo5vN
- Reflectix insulation ($23) http://amzn.to/2aLdwCO
- R-5 Rigid insulation on the sides and ceiling of the van ($30) http://www.homedepot.com/p/R-Matte-Rmax-R-Matte-Plus-3-3-4-in-x-4-ft-x-8-ft-R-5-Polyisocyanurate-Rigid-Foam-Insulation-Board-W-N5075X/100317820
$1854 in additions have made this Sprinter a great, comfortable van to sleep in. I having been living in it full-time for 2 years. I recently bought a new van to convert so this one needs to be sold. It is ready immediately for a road trip!
The van is located in Austin, TX.
Email me at email@example.com or comment with any questions. Thanks for looking!