I’m Nat. I’m a digital nomad traveling the US in a custom Sprinter van. I'm a systems-minded entrepreneur, Crossfitter, creator of this website, and a minimalist. Read more about me at my NOW page.
My mission is to build intentional communities of people living in tiny homes, vans, RVs, etc. What is the #VanLife About? The vanlife is for people who buck the trend.
People who define 'success' as living on their own terms. People who ask WHY.
People who recognize, especially nowadays, that it is risky to live a 'traditional' life.
The vanlife people are my people.
My Van Builds
- My 1st iteration of a Sprinter conversion (be kind - I built it with only a rechargeable drill and a jigsaw!)
- My 2nd iteration of a Sprinter conversion (I had access to a wood shop so all of my cuts are straight!)
- I used this regularly updated Sprinter sourcebook to help guide me in the conversion of the vans.
Online VanLife Groups I am using this website as a platform for my Sprinter van build and tips and tricks that I have picked up while living on the road for a few years!
I am active in both of these groups (you will get intelligent answers from everyone and all groups are FREE):
- If you are new to the vanlife: VandDwelling Subreddit
- If you want to make money while on the road: Make Money and RV Facebook Group
- If you want help building your own van: Self Build Campers
Contact me! If you have any suggestions, questions, or otherwise - please don't hesitate to email me directly. hashtagvanlife [at] gmail (I answer all of my emails)
VanLife Resources and Useful Apps
- RV Parky - find places to park your RV
- Free Campsites - BLM and National forest land where you can camp for free
- HipCamp - an AirBnB for camping (both free and paid)
- Sani Dumps - An RV dump station directory
- RV Share - Rent an RV for a few days to try it out before going all in
- Life 360 App - Allow friends and family to track your geographic location
Other Sprinter DIY Conversions and Buildouts